Job Title: Clinical Technical Specialist
Job Number: 34361
Seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual to join the team in the capacity of a Clinical Technical Specialist. The Clinical Technical Specialist will be the point of contact for technical support and will offer assistance with various company-wide systems. Support will be provided to clinical study investigators and healthcare professionals across the United States by troubleshooting issues and delivering support to ensure optimal usage within the systems. The Clinical Technical Specialist will also contribute significantly to clinical education and training for participants using these systems for clinical studies. With the aim of eventually assuming dual roles as a technician and clinical specialist, the selected candidate will actively participate in clinical specialist duties and collaborate closely with colleagues for mutual learning. This individual needs to have a positive mindset and a strong commitment to advancing the team's mission.
- Be the main point of contact and resource for Clinical specialists and healthcare workers. Offer expert knowledge on devices. Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Maintain and upgrade medical equipment within hospital settings.
- Work as both a technical and clinical specialist by participating in clinical specialist duties and learning from peers.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arrive and perform system verifications.
- Train clinical staff.
- Document clinical and service activities within proper systems. Submit medical documentations related to devices and clinical procedures.
- Provide reports regarding inventory and usage at clinical sites.
- Maintain and test equipment for repairing devices in the field.
- Collaborate with different teams to oversee field activities including device repair parts and obtaining new inventory when levels are low for service. Provide support on other projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, nursing or equivalent
- Applicants should have 3-5+ years of field experience in technical support of clinical role within a medical device industry or related field.
- Direct experience in a hospital environment with a particular focus on medical areas, is preferred.
- History of collaborating closely with healthcare professionals/specialists.
- Proficiency in biomedical equipment repair, testing, and maintenance is beneficial.
- Experience in related industries is desirable.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to develop and foster connections within the industry.
- Must be independent, have the ability to manage their time, be an effective communicator (verbal and written), flexible, organized, detail oriented, intellectually curious, a problem solver and have high energy.
- Hospitals will require vaccinations, background checks and drug screenings.
- Passport needed.
- Ability to function in high paced work environment.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Ability to travel within the United States