Stealth NewCo Gene Editing & Delivery
Job Title: Bioinformatics Scientist
Job Number: 30676
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Sci.bio has partnered with an exceptionally well funded, gene-therapy stealth co aiming to unlock the full potential of gene therapy based on
a novel delivery platform coupled with proprietary CRISPR gene editing technology . This is not your average start-up and is founded by a prominent, world-class leadership team
and Board of Directors.
What makes us different? Over the last decade significant progress has been made in developing powerful technologies for genomic medicines. However, one major challenge for gene therapies remains: the effective and safe delivery of genetic information to patients. Our modular gene delivery platform, derived from the human genome, allows us to package and deliver therapeutic payloads safely into the human body. Together with compact CRISPR gene editors, our approach positions us to overcome these challenges and transform the way genomic medicines are developed and deployed.
We are founded by a world leader in CRISPR technologies, with a best in class Board of Directors, and funded by investors committed to our mission.
We are seeking energetic, motivated scientists to join our team in developing these new technologies and who are unwavering in their commitment to making an impact on patients’ lives. As an early member, you will help shape our scientific foundation and company culture
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to aid informatic gene editing discovery efforts and analyze omics data from gene editing experiments. In this role, you will mine genomic and metagenomic datasets as part of a broader gene editing discovery effort, and collaborate with molecular biologist to test your hypotheses. You will also analyze a variety of sequencing data including transcriptomics, whole genome sequencing, and genome editing outcomes, working with bench scientists to interpret and design experiments. An ideal candidate will have extensive experience analyzing sequencing and omics data, and be comfortable working in high-throughput and/or cloud-based environments. You will apply your experience and skills with a team of diverse scientists to engineer next-generation gene delivery and editing technologies. This position can be either hybrid or fully remote with occasional travel to Boston.
- Bioinformatically mine genomic and metagenomic datasets to identify novel gene editing tools
- Implement and enhance algorithms for mining omics data at scale
- Analyze multi-omics data from genome editing experiments
- Collaborate with bench scientists to interpret and design experiments
- Participate in team coding efforts through git
- Participate in data management and integration across teams
- Communicate findings and results, maintaining strong code documentation
- Contribute to the evolution of our new gene editing platform
- Actively participate in discussions about data and research directions with your team and cross-functional groups
- PhD or equivalent in Bioinformatics or related field, or Master’s degree with 2–4 years relevant work experience
- Experience analyzing a wide variety of omics data: including genomic, metagenomic, and transcriptomic data
- Broad experience with bioinformatics tools and NGS analysis pipelines; particular experience with metagenomic assembly, RNA structure prediction, mobile elements/repetitive DNA, and CRISPR amplicon workflows a plus
- Proficient in one or more coding languages; Python is a plus
- Experience with high-throughput and/or cloud computing is a plus
- Experience with version control (git) and software development in a shared environment is a plus
- Record of scientific excellence demonstrated by industry and/or academic project work experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A self-motivated, adaptable team player excited to work for a small but growing organization
Our Stealth company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. Valuing respect, curiosity and inclusivity is required. IND-1