Job Title: Bioinformatics Scientist/Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
Job Number: 21815
Location: Cambridge, MA
We seek a Computational Biologist/Senior Computational Biologist (depending on experience), to support Company’s bioinformatics and computational biology activities. This person will report to the Associate Director of Bioinformatics and work collaboratively with the research groups to support the development of transformative CRISPR/Cas9-based gene editing therapies.
- Develops computational programs and scripts to support the bioinformatics needs of the Company.
- Integrates bioinformatics and next generation sequence data with both public and private 3rd party databases, as required, for research programs and projects.
- Provides the design and coding for data input and output, and other mechanisms for integrating computational components, data storage and other elements.
- Writes scientific reports.
- Develops pipeline for NGS data analysis.
- Develops bioinformatics analysis in programming languages such as R/Python/shell scripting and database such as MySql.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in computational biology, bioinformatics or similar discipline with relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 3+ years’ experience in academia or corporation.
- Experience in preparing scientific reports and proficient in organizing data and projects.
- Experience with creating visualization of bioinformatics pipelines (Rshiny or similar) is a plus.
- Experience working in the area of gene editing and/or CRISPR/Cas9 biology is a plus.
- Experience in GUIDE-seq/AMP-Seq methodologies is a plus.
- Outstanding skills and abilities in bioinformatics, data curation, large scale data and NGS analysis, genome analysis, motif finding, sequence alignment as evidenced by productive and successful programs and/or publications.
- Exposure to human genetic variations (SNPs) concepts, Linkage disequilibrium (LD) and haplotype block analysis and associated bioinformatics tools and databases.
- Excellent verbal / written communication abilities.
- Familiarity with good programming practices and utilizing version control system is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment as a productive team member.
- Ability to work independently and successfully in a matrix environment, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, integrate cross-functional issues and balance competing priorities effectively.
- Familiarity with cell and molecular biology techniques and NGS protocols.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals.
- A high degree of energy, accuracy and attention to detail, and a passion for creating transformative gene-based medicines to patients with serious diseases.