Job Title: Bioinformatician/Data Scientist
Job Number: 64020
Location: La Jolla, US
The Einav lab at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) is looking for researchers at all levels to develop models that harness and augment our antibody response against viruses. Our lab is 100% computational, although we collaborate closely with experimentalists in San Diego and abroad to develop more effective vaccines and treatments.
Immunology is now a data-rich discipline, and the main limitation of modeling efforts is in where and how creatively we apply them. This is where art meets science. We develop tools that combine machine learning and biophysics to predict which vaccine will elicit the strongest, broadest, and longest-lasting response in each person.
We are a small, close-knit team that is working hard to make the world a better place. Come join us!
- PhD in any quantitative science (such as physics, computer science, statistics, etc.), a PhD in the life sciences with a strong computational/quantitative background, or equivalent expertise from multi-year hands-on experience in these areas. You will acquire any missing domain/biological knowledge with us
- Strong analytical, programming, or machine learning skills are especially valued
- Experience with immunology or virology is valued but not required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A record of multiple publications
To Apply: Please submit the following in a single attachment.
- A cover letter describing your background and interest in the position
- Your CV
- Contact information for three references
LJI is consistently ranked one of the best places to work in sunny San Diego. We are located in the Science Research Park on the campus of UC San Diego, with easy access to the San Diego life sciences community and the La Jolla area has to offer.
Application Deadline: 2024-02-18