Job Title: Associate Scientist, Pharmacology
Job Number: 30238
Location: Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist to join our Translational Pharmacology team. The Associate Scientist will have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic team of highly skilled scientists in a dynamic, matrixed organized, high growth company.
- Conduct experiments to determine the efficacy of novel oligonucleotides in models across a range of disease indications.
- Perform dosing (SC, IP and IV), monitor animal health, blood sampling, multiple tissue harvesting and data recording. Coordinate sample storage and analysis.
- Provide overall in vivo and ex vivo technical support for projects working to advance one or more experimental therapeutic compounds.
- Responsible for carefully documenting research and effectively communicating results across teams.
- Plan and execute in vivo studies in collaboration with research scientists.
- BA/BS or MS with 3-5 years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry or academic equivalent.
- Knowledge of tissue processing and molecular biology methods (RNA purification, PCR, qPCR, sequencing, ELISA (MSD) and western blot).
- Experience running mouse models, including mouse handling, health monitoring, dosing and working with models of disease is highly desired.
- Skilled in various methods of dosing (IV, SC and IP), blood collection (tail vein/submandibular and cardiac puncture) and multiple tissue collection at necropsy for subsequent ex vivo
- Desire and drive to learn and understand the basic biologic mechanisms underpinning our products.
- Experience in oligonucleotide-based therapeutics or gene editing is a plus
- Relevant CNS related experience beneficial but not necessary
- Exposure to utilizing software such as Graph Pad Prism, Microsoft office, Excel, and electronic laboratory notebooks for data analysis and data summary.
- Excellent organizational, time management and data recording skills.
- Able to thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment with colleagues from diverse disciplines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solving abilities.
Apply for job
To apply for this job please visit k7y.pl.