Job Title: Associate Medical Director, Immunology/Hematology
Job Number: 24279
Location: New York, NY
We are seeking an MD for a leadership role to develop transformative cell- and gene-based therapies for rare and life-threatening disorders. The candidate will have demonstrated potential for expertise in clinical investigation of complex immune, blood or malignant disorders either in an academic or biotech/pharma setting. Industry experience is not required, although the ideal candidate will be highly conversant with state-of-the-art clinical practice and translational research in immunology, hematology and/or transplant medicine. We are seeking a motivated, skilled and articulate physician to play a pivotal role in the development, conduct and analysis of cell- and gene-therapy clinical programs culminating in health-authority submission and marketing authorization
- Intense collaboration with academic investigators/scientific experts to develop outstanding clinical protocols and ensure optimal study conduct including development of data collection and study reporting systems and adherence to GCP guidelines and other relevant health authority regulations.
- Frequent consultation with FDA & EMEA and with patient-advocacy organizations, development of training materials for study personnel, and study medical monitoring including oversight of clinical operations and pharmacovigilance colleagues.
- Frequent interactions with gene-therapy and rare disease expert investigators is essential, as is ongoing collaboration with statistical, data, regulatory, laboratory and translational research scientists.
- Board-certified MD who has completed medical specialty training in Immunology, Hematology, transplant biology or a related complex discipline.
- Biotech/pharma experience is valuable but we welcome candidates from academic investigative settings with relevant experience and high motivation to become outstanding development specialists in biotech.
- Candidate must have demonstrated expertise in design of clinical studies in complex or life-threatening disorders.
- Must be able to function effectively as a member and leader of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytic and problem-solving capabilities are essential.
- 3-5 years of relevant academic/industry experience are required.