Job Title: Associate Director, Program Management
Job Number: 30620
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Drug Discovery, the Associate Director, Program Management will be responsible for cross-functionally driving the successful advancement of Expansion Therapeutics programs and platform efforts. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader and facilitator with a track record of managing programs at the discovery and/or development stage. He/She will coordinate, develop, and direct project strategies, set goals, and facilitate team decision making for the programs. He/She will possess strong attention to detail, the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and adeptness at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts. A key aspect of this position is the ability to drive programs forward so that they align with the company strategy, commitments, and goals. Must be able to travel domestically (no more than 10%).
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate defining and setting overall strategic program scope, and deliverables
• Partner with the Research and Discovery functions to integrate activities across multiple programs.
As programs mature, liaise with functional leaders in CMC, clinical, non-clinical, regulatory, quality,
and legal to ensure seamless program progress towards milestones.
• Build comprehensive and integrated plans for each program and manage resources both within
and between programs.
• Develop and own status trackers and other tools to support successful program development
monitoring; track programs against approved timelines,milestones, and budget while adhering to
agreed-upon team objectives and deliverables
• Partner and support project teams to identify program risks, develop, and implement mitigation
strategies for assigned programs.
• Implement and document key project decisions and changes/interventions to achieve project
• Schedule and lead key technical and project meetings and issue meeting minutes. Follow-through
on action items to facilitate timely closure.
• Ensure effective, proactive, and open communication to achieve clarity of program goals, progress,
and issues; report regularly on project status to all stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and senior
• Develop departmental processes, procedures, and tools to improve functioning and portfolio
Requirements: Proven Experience, Skills and Education:
• Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years industry experience
• Experience in neurological and/or rare diseases is a plus, but not required
• Highly proficient in program planning and budgeting software
• Minimum of 8 years with direct work experience in project/program management
• Extensive knowledge and application of key management techniques and tools
• Previous work and leadership experience in multidisciplinary drug/pharmaceutical research and
development teams and broad operational experience and understanding of the drug discovery
and development process