Job Title: Associate Director, Portfolio and Program Management
Job Number: 25628
Location: Lexington, MA
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join our team as Associate Director, Portfolio and Program Management. The successful candidate will report to the VP of Program Management.
- Partner with the VP of Program Management to prepare critical data for governance presentations, proactively manage timelines, budgets and assist in the analysis of options across the portfolio. Individual will play a role in the continuous optimization of the portfolio and program management function to support organizational growth as assets move from research/development through the clinic.
- Individual will also assist with the day to day management of key activities associated with highly functioning project and platform teams, including the identification, tracking and management of critical activities to ensure programs progress as planned.
- Person will be responsible for creating and managing various project plans, establishing agendas, minutes etc. and working closely with project and functional leads to ensure accurate, timely project updates that will drive key decisions.
- Candidate will have a minimum of 5 years direct experience in a biotechnology organization and a proven ability to work cross-functionally at all organizational levels.
- Excellent knowledge of early stage asset development coupled with informed scientific insight to help the organization identify opportunities, contextualize risk, and develop proactive/pragmatic strategies across both platform and drug discovery efforts.
- Displays a high degree of integrity, enthusiasm and operates from a framework of possibility.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-awareness and ability to manage team dynamics and engage all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success with handling multiple projects coupled with a strong knowledge of the overall development process.
- Must be motivated, creative, energetic and adaptable, responding constructively to challenging new ideas, information and situations.
- Excellent organization skills with great attention to detail and a desire to grow within a dynamic, fast paced biotechnology organization.
- Individual is driven by a sense of urgency to develop therapies for patients with significant unmet medical needs.
- BS/MS/PhD in scientific discipline and/or MBA with relevant 5 years of biotechnology experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Excellent knowledge with all aspects of MS Office including Visio and MS Project.
- Domestic and occasional international travel may be required.
- PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Only candidates with demonstrated experience as described in the role summary will be considered for this highly visible role.
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.