Job Title: Associate Director / Director, Medical Marketing
Job Number: 21947
Location: Boston, MA
This role is responsible for leading and driving the medical marketing strategy and activities for the first commercialized product from Morphosys US inc., Tafasitamab. The Associate Director/Director of medical marketing will play a critical role in engaging with medical experts, preparing the market for the launch of the first CD19 mAb in hematology and maximizing the launch of Tafasitanab. She/he will research and stay current on market conditions in the field of B cell malignancies to help drive the future marketing initiatives and increased profitability of the brand. This position reports directly to the VP of sales and marketing.
- Develop and execute a medical marketing strategy to support the launch of Tafasitamab in the US
- Establish and cultivate relationships with external partners, including key opinion leaders, to establish MorphoSys as a key partner
- Lead development and execution of congress strategy in partnership with Medical Affairs and commercial operations
- Manage exhibit presence and initiatives at major US medical conferences
- Assess, develop and execute disease awareness activities
- Lead commercial advisory boards with key medical experts or community physician
- Lead and manage speaker bureau, including content development and training
- Develop a robust assessment of the future therapeutic landscape in DLBCL including deep insights into the customer, marketplace, competitors, and business drivers
- Support disease awareness sales force training with the sales trainer.
- Lead and develop US long term commercial plan (3 year strategic plan)
- Align and support Public Relation activities through cross functional collaboration
- Provide US commercial input to the global development team as needed
- Effectively manage and collaborate with medical marketing agency and other agency/vendor partners as needed
- Ensure compliance in all activities through proficiency with internal processes related to pharmaceutical marketing, including Legal/Medical/Regulatory review, vendor and budget management
- Flexible work style that fits with a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines and managing key project details
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, or life science required and 4 years of marketing experience
- Experience working with key medical experts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with demonstrated presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across the matrix
- Leadership skills, including ability to influence teams with diverse backgrounds
- Postgraduate qualification, PhD, MBA, or other graduate degree
- 6+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Relevant oncology experience
- Product launch experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a business problem and develop an appropriate strategy
- Strong business judgment and emotional intelligence
- Boston, MA
- This position requires up to 25% travel (predominantly in the US).