Job Title: Associate Director/Director, Information Technology (IT)
Job Number: 22618
Location: Lexington, MA
The ideal candidate will be one with diversified IT and operational management experience as well as demonstrated skills in network, hardware support and more. Responsible to develop, implement and maintain all information systems. Oversees the day-to-day operational activities of the IT department. Oversees training and develops information security policies and procedures.
- Implements the IT infrastructure and service capabilities strategy for current and future organizational needs.
- Leads the planning and implementation of IT initiatives as well as management of core day to day services.
- Monitors the availability, performance, capacity, and utilization of IT and core application services and suggests necessary enhancements as appropriate.
- Manages IT vendors and consultants.
- Regularly and effectively communicates with key business and project stakeholders to understand requirements, keep them advised of project progress and overall IT services status.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of industry trends to ensure the Company is leveraging the best and most efficient resources to meet Translate Bio’s evolving IT needs.
- Leads the assessment, selection, and implementation of systems to support Translate Bio’s R&D operations, including, but not limited to G&A, Laboratory, Clinical, Regulatory, and Quality.
- Oversees IT security and compliance efforts, establishing controls and processes in support of data security, PHI, SOX and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Establishes and maintains IT policies and procedures.
- Maintains IT contingency plans.
- Manages overall budget for IT expenditures.
- Oversees all licensing management as well as maintenance of hardware and software used throughout the Company.
- Degree in computer science or related technical discipline plus 10+ years of relevant experience managing IT infrastructure and services with prior experience in a biotech environment.
- Exceptional knowledge of IT infrastructure hardware, software (Windows, VMware, Active Directory, Azure, Mobile Device Management, etc.) and SaaS (Office365, CrowdStrike, Mimecast, etc.)
- Network administration certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with evaluating, implementing and managing infrastructure (storage/compute/networking/cloud), enterprise systems, and core services with a focus on IT information and systems security.
- Prior experience in successfully implementing, utilizing and leveraging outsourcing strategies.
Work is performed in an office environment with light physical demands and normal exposure to everyday risks and discomfort requiring common safety precautions. This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in the position. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for the position. The Company reserves the right at all times, in its sole discretion, to add or subtract duties and responsibilities, as it deems necessary.