Job Title: Director or Associate Director Discovery
Job Number: 31179
Location: North Cambridge, MA 02139
Carmine is seeking a Director of Discovery to lead a rapidly growing drug discovery team developing a novel gene therapy platform. This individual will have broad leadership responsibilities to drive our gene delivery platform optimization and drug discovery programs.
- Build and lead a discovery team to optimize RBCEV gene delivery platform and establish discovery pipeline programs.
- Drive strategic decisions on discovery and interface with scientists and senior leaders through effective communications.
- Explore and implement innovative ideas and technologies for platform optimization, target selection, and product characterization.
- Oversee drug discovery programs through lead identification, lead optimization, and IND enabling studies and deliver targeted goals and timelines.
- Reinforce ELN documentation, laboratory best practices, and intellectual property expansion.
- Partner with Molecular Biology and CMC teams to advance pipeline discovery and platform innovation
- PhD in Biology a related field and 5+ years of related experience including 3+ years of team or project leadership
- Experience managing a team in drug discovery or platform innovation
- Ability to collaborate with scientists and leadership across diverse areas of expertise
- In-depth experience in disease biology, gene therapy, nucleic acid delivery, or extracellular vesicles is a strong plus.
- The level of the role will be commensurate with the education, years and relevance of experience of the identified candidate.