Job Title: Associate Director/Director – Aerosol Sciences
Job Number: 25616
Location: Lexington, MA
We are looking for a scientific leader to join the Delivery and Formulation Development team as Associate Director/ Director – Aerosol Sciences. The successful candidate will report to the Director of the group. The successful candidate will utilize extensive experience in the field of pulmonary delivery to design, manage, interpret and recommend formulations and nebulization approaches to enable the precise delivery of our medicines to the required regions within the lungs for the pulmonary discovery programs.
- Design and manage in-house testing of novel formulations, devices for inhalation and their interaction along with identification of critical design parameters for the delivery of LNP formulations to the target regions of the lungs.
- Provide oversight and recommendations for the development of inhalation formulations.
- Lead the in-house development of aerosol test methods to support the preclinical evaluation of formulations for different applications.
- Develop, rationalize and validate the test methods and provide input into the specification for regulatory submissions.
- Work with external vendors to evaluate characterization technologies and serve as the subject matter expert as part of a cross-functional team developing novel formulation and delivery solutions.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for clear communication of scientific findings across interdisciplinary teams.
- Manage/Coach/Lead the Aerosol Sciences team.
- Ph.D. with 6-10 years of industry experience in formulation development and device evaluation for pulmonary and/or nasal drug delivery.
- Strong experience and success in OINDP pharmaceutical development along with in-depth knowledge of aerosol science, associated analytical testing and device expertise for pulmonary drug delivery.
- Extensive hands on experience with aerosol characterization using various analytical techniques like cascade impactor analysis, laser diffraction techniques etc. is required.
- Experience in nucleic acid delivery and the development of novel drug carriers with hands-on experience in lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations, polymer-based nanoparticles & characterization is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working with outside CROs/CMOs.
- Manages time effectively demonstrating ability to perform multiple projects at one time.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Translate Bio is committed to equal employment opportunity. All applicants must have authorization to work in the U.S.