Job Title: Accounting Operations Specialist
Job Number: 22419
Location: Cambridge, MA
Arbor Biotechnologies is seeking an Accounting Operations Specialist to join their team. The person in this role will be responsible for the company’s accounts payable and payroll processes and will also provide assistance in other areas of Finance. Arbor’s ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in an evolving and fast-paced work environment.
- Ownership of accounts payable process.
- Ownership of payroll process including keeping up to date with new laws/regulations (i.e. new paid family leave policy).
- Managing the Arbor AP inbox as well as the mail for invoices and uploading these invoices/packing slips into our 3rd party procurement system (Prendio), push fully matched packages from the procurement system to QuickBooks ensuring timely completion of all payments through bill.com while confirming proper invoice GL coding.
- Reconcile bill.com activity to QuickBooks on a monthly basis.
- Manage employee expense reimbursements (Expensify), including audit of expense reports for compliance with company policies and syncing approved expenses in Expensify to QuickBooks.
- Manage all invoice-related communication with vendors and corporate credit card statements, including reconciliation.
- Obtain and maintain W-9’s from vendors and preparing annual 1099s.
- Assist the controller with year-end audit/tax requests as needed.
- Manage the payroll process, including processing bi-monthly payroll, running reports, year-end W2 process and reconciling data with benefits-administration system.
- Assist with various month-end close activities to ensure timely completion.
- Help with establishment of key controls and operational areas.
- Help identify potential process improvements for areas related to accounting and business to increase productivity and operating efficiencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels, both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all required deadlines in preparation of monthly board meetings and reporting.
- Experience in the biotech/pharma industry.
- Experience using the following systems: